Have a request? Tweet me at @renwulf

Friday, June 10, 2016

The Conjuring 2 (2016)

The Conjuring 2 (2016)



Actors:
Patrick Wilson, Vera Farmiga & Frances O'Connor

Director:
James Wan

Runtime:
2 hr 13 minutes

Plot:
In 1977, paranormal investigators Ed and Lorraine Warren come out of a self-imposed sabbatical to travel to Enfield, a borough in north London. There, they meet Peggy Hodgson, an overwhelmed single mother of four who tells the couple that something evil is in her home. Ed and Lorraine believe her story when the youngest daughter starts to show signs of demonic possession. As the Warrens try to help the besieged girl, they become the next target of the malicious spirits.

Trailer:



Review:
Based on actual events around Ed and Lorraine Warren, this film is about England's version of Amityville and is the most documented haunting to date. With James Wan as the director this movie lacks for nothing as per usual for him. The cast and crew did an amazing job. Special effects were great and no mess-ups that I could see.
There were plenty of jump scares and even got me on one (which rarely happens). I took my 81 yr old mother with me to see this (she's not a horror fan in any way) and she also loved this film as well. Even if she got scared a bit.  This being a brand new film I am not going into great detail so I do not include spoilers, but I HIGHLY RECOMMEND  this to everyone, even non horror fans. This one surpassed the first one and is one of the few sequels that are much better than the original.  





No comments:

Post a Comment